Sunday, January 17, 2016

36 weeks - Baby Koch #2

  • How far along?: 36 weeks
  • Baby is the size of a: Ripe Papaya (according to Ovia Pregnancy app)
  • Total weight gain/loss: +22 pounds ... and I feel every extra pound trying to stand up from the floor!
  • Stretch Marks? It looks like I may be getting a few white ones around my belly button?  I can't really see well enough at this point to confirm.
  • The Bump: Massive.  I feel a million times bigger and more uncomfortable this time around.
  • Symptoms: Pelvis and lower back ache, a stuffy nose that wont go away
  • Food cravings: Dr. Pepper, Ramen, popsicles, all things sweet
  • Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: Nothing =)
  • Sleep: Tossing and turning more, up at least 3 times to go potty... trying for 8 hours a night, but it is really hit or miss.
  • What I miss: Sleeping in and through the night, fitting in to my pants normally, being able to cuddle Amelia on my lap comfortably =(
  • Weddings Rings On or Off: On with plenty of room still!
  • Any Names Picked Out Yet:  Theodore Michael !
  • Gender: Baby boy
  • Movement: ALL the time! Feeling feet poke me and baby booty on my right side all the time!  Occasionally, I can feel his hands near my pelvis which is something I never experienced with Amelia!  Hiccups are several times a day, but I find them most annoying at night when I am trying to fall asleep.  Also... the "lightning" pain is getting really uncomfortable.
  • Maternity Clothes: Maternity jeans, sweats, Brandon's t-shirts/long sleeves/coat.  I don't remember wearing Brandon's clothes this much with Amelia (maybe because I was in work clothes so much?), but it's getting a little out of control since they fit me better than him anymore.
  • Labor Signs: Possibly feeling some Braxton Hicks?  I am not really sure since I never had them with Amelia... but there is definitely some crazy action going on!  I had the strep-B test done this week and found out that I'm a whopping 1cm dilated.
  • Best Moment of the week: Amelia saying "baby Fee-Door" and how sweet she is to my belly!  Last night, we had a picnic in the living room and I was laying on the floor to be more comfortable.  She kept lifting up my shirt to give Theo bites of her bacon and tipping her milk cup to my belly button to share her milk with him.  Not to mention all the kisses, raspberries and high-fives she gives him every day.  I really hope she does this well with him once he is Earth side!!!
  • Feeling: Anxious to meet Theo! Starting to get nervous about labor and how Amelia is going to adjust.  She is starting to get home sick and saying "I go home!" when she sleeps anywhere but home.  I am most worried about how she will do for Nana/Grandpa while we are in the hospital and if that will affect our length of stay.
  • What I’m excited about/looking forward to: Doctors appointments are weekly now!  Which means cervical checks AND hearing Theo's heartbeat every week!  Grandma Jamie will be in town tomorrow to go to her first "baby appointment" with me!  Amelia is having a sleepover at Mimi/Papa's house on Saturday while Brandon and I head to Lincoln for a birthday party.  Although going to bars at 9 months pregnant isn't exactly "normal,'" I am so excited to spend some alone time with Brandon and talk with other adults!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment