Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Up, Up and Away

Tomorrow, Amelia and I venture to Baltimore for our first real vacation together!  I am so excited to see my sister and her family!!!  It has been over a year since we were all together for Brandon and I's wedding in August 2013 and they haven't yet gotten to meet little miss Amelia
Does anyone else still have major flying anxiety after 9/11?  I know security is tighter than ever and it is safer to fly than to drive... but I still can't help but fret and worry!  My nerves are bundled into a ball and my stomach is in knots just thinking about our flights tomorrow.  I am sure everything will be fine, right?!

For the first time in ages, I am checking in bags to lighten my load with Amelia.  I  borrowed a friend's Ergo and have my Sakura Bloom ring sling in the diaper bag to keep my hands free.  Pray our luggage doesn't get lost as I have my pump and some frozen milk packed... Not to mention Amelia's favorite hot pink Freshly Picked moccs!

Have any of you flown with a 6 month old?  I looked back on Taylor's advice for traveling with a toddler [blog post here] but most of her suggestions won't work as Amelia is so much younger (and I don't have my own iPad).  My post next week will contain everything that I packed (that actually worked) and my tips and tricks for traveling with an infant!  Stay tuned!

Now... for some pictures of Amelia from the past week!

Representing the Huskers and our Pinn Co headband on Saturday's win over McNeese

Lounging in the pool (sans water) in our Babiators and KingHoo Moccs

First time playing in the sand... preparing her for the beach in Maryland


 She is still not sure about sand

Wish us luck on our first flights together!  Prayers for safe travel and no meltdowns (from baby OR momma!) would be much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment