Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Today...

Was a good day!  And it's not even over yet!  Do you ever get the feeling you are doing exactly what you were meant to be doing right when you were meant to do it?  Today has been just like that for me.

It all started last night.  Amelia has had some good 5-6 hour stretches of sleep the last few nights which has been AMAZING for me! (Really hope I didn't just jinx myself!)  I finally got her down about 10pm, had a 1am feeding, a 6:30am feeding and up for the day at 7:45am (like usual).  This is HUGE for us!!!  For the past 3 months, we have at LEAST 3 feedings before 6am and it is killing me.  Even just a 5 hour stretch makes me feel like a whole new woman.

Our morning was just like every other.  I woke up to Amelia babbling in her crib.  She rarely wakes up crying, and when she does, it's a sign things aren't going to be good for me ;) After changing her diaper, we head to the kitchen to brew momma her coffee.  While it brews (Keurig really is a God send), Amelia jumps in her jumper and I figure out breakfast.  She is always still in her pj's and me in my robe.  I love our little morning routine!

This morning, we shared some Cheerio's in almond milk while I checked on social media.  BLW is amazing because I don't have to make anything separate for A to eat!  I just make sure to let the Cheerio get a little soggy before I hand it over.  About 9am, I got a notification on Facebook from a local momma about our first MOPS meeting of the new year.  Definitely didn't see the reminder posted the previous night.  Oops!

For those of you who don't know what MOPS is, I will make a separate post later this week with the details.  Until then, just know, it is my little sanity break!  I rushed to get Amelia and I ready and out the door in record time.  How is that before baby, I used to spend well over an hour getting ready?!  Now, I can be ready and out the door in about 15 minutes!  My oh my, how kids change everything!

This mornings MOPS meeting was a more casual, get to know you, session and was just what I needed.  I am such a social person that staying home can be a bit of a struggle at times.  Brandon was really worried about this at first, but I really think I am finding the perfect balance for us!  The Ashland chapter offers free childcare, but I decided to keep Amelia with me because I knew we were going to be cutting it close to her nap time.  She did GREAT until the last few minutes which wasn't a big deal.

On the way home, Amelia fell asleep in the car which is never a good thing (please tell me this happens to you too?!).  For the first time, I got lucky and she went right back to sleep as soon as we were in the house. Keeping up with the amazing sleep streak we have going, she took a TWO hour nap!  I literally CANNOT remember the last time she slept for longer than an hour during nap time!

During her nap, I got the house dusted, swiffered and vacuumed... finished the laundry... set out dinner... cleaned all the mirrors and the bathroom... AND ate lunch in peace!  Can you even imagine how wonderful that felt?!  Let me tell you, IT WAS AWESOME!!!!

Today... was a good day!  And it's not even over yet!  Today, I felt like supermom.  Today, I felt fulfilled.  Today, everything just clicked.  Today... was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment