Sunday, August 31, 2014

Baby A Letter: November 1, 2013

The fourth installment of my pregnancy writing!

Pregnancy Week: 22 (almost 23!)
Dearest little pink sprinkle,
You have officially made your presence known to the world!!!  On Sunday, after my last letter, I got to feel you kick me on the “outside” for the first time!  Let me just say, it was by far the coolest thing I have experienced to date.  I was lying in bed reading People magazine and texting Corie about baby Jacob when I started feeling you squirm a bit more than usual.  Low and behold, when I rested my hand on my lower stomach, you decided to kick me!  After a few more seconds, you did it two more times!  Of course, it brought me to emotional, happy tears and your dad thought I was crazy once again.
On Monday night, we spent the evening at your Mimi and Papa’s hanging out with Aunt Ashley and your cousins before they left for Colorado.  When I told your Aunt Ashley I could feel you moving, she wanted to try and feel too!  I laid on the couch next to her with her hand on my stomach for about a minute before she felt you kick her.  It was really slight, but she felt it and it confirmed that I really was feeling my little baby girl!  On Wednesday night, we went back out to Louisville for dinner and your Mimi got to feel you too!
Every night this week, I have spent poking and prodding my tummy to try and feel you.  It works best when I lay down for a bit before you make yourself known to me.  Last night, on Halloween, while lying on the couch next to your dad, you started kicking me really good.  I asked your dad to give me his hand to try and feel you too.  His hand was on my tummy for maybe 10 seconds before you said “HI” to him for the first time.  He had to ask me if that was me or you he just felt.  When I answered it was most certainly his daughter, his response was, “It’s like there is an alien in there.”  It must have been more exciting to him than he let on because he left his hand there for two more kicks before he went back to watching football.  Of course, I went into a fit of happy tears again over the whole experience.  Let the constant kicking begin!
These past few days have been my first days really feeling pregnant.  My stomach feels like it is ready to burst most of the time, I am getting more uncomfortable and I can feel you inside doing your acrobatics all the time.  In fact, people have started telling me that I have started to “look” pregnant this week too.  For being almost six months along, I will take it… but I have enjoyed being on the small side for so long!  I am certainly not looking forward to trying to get you to quiet down at night so mommy can rest and for sleep to become impossible.  There doesn’t seem to be much room in my tummy for food lately either, which is quiet the disappointment since I have always been a big eater.  Oh well… you are worth every second!
This weekend, mommy and daddy will be in Norfolk with your Grandma Jamie and Grandpa Doug.  I am REALLY hoping that you “perform” for them as well.  You are Grandma Jamie’s first biological grandchild and neither she, nor Grandpa Doug, were involved much in the pregnancies for grandpa Doug’s grandchildren.  Everyone is so excited for you to come into the world.  I hope you can’t wait as well. 
There is nothing else new to report this week, so I will stop rambling.  I love you baby girl of mine!  Only 17 more weeks to go!
Love you,
Your mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment