Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Time Keeps on Slipping...

Into the future...

Why does time seem to pass so much faster with a little one in our life?  I feel like just yesterday I was prepping our spare bedroom for a nursery and BAM!  My little girl is on her way to being half a year old.  Part of me knows this is inevitable, but the other part wants Amelia to stay a baby forever.  Every day it seems like she learns something new.  Watching the world through the eyes of a child really is one of the greatest gifts ever.

She is hitting milestones at a rapid rate.  In the span of a week, she learned to:
   *roll over
   *sit up alone
   *laugh (only a small HaHa)
   *find herself in the mirror
I mean seriously!  What the WHAT?!  Just tonight she stood up on her own holding on to just my fingers.  Is it awful that I wanted to push her over?

I am in the process of scheduling her 6 month photos and family portraits.  That should be interesting because Brandon hates having his picture taken and just wants to goof around.  So much prep to do for such a small snippet of time.  But that's the way it is with kids, isn't it?  I need to figure out a color scheme, start shopping, order a 1/2 birthday crown to coordinate theme and figure out where we want to have outdoor pictures at.

We are extremely fortunate to have a family friend who is a photographer.  She took my maternity photos, Amelia's newborn (like 8 days old) and 3 month photos and she will be who we use for everything in the coming months/years.  She is FABULOUS to work with.  If you are in the Omaha area, look up Posies Photography.  I promise you won't be disappointed with Mary Ann!  Once I get better with this whole blogging thing, I will backtrack with our life and upload many of these pictures.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment