Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Baby A Letter: October 11,2013

Time Hop back to the half way mark of my pregnancy.

Pregnancy Week: 20
Dear baby GIRL Koch,
Today, we finally found out that you are a baby girl!!!  Seeing you on the ultrasound was completely surreal.  Every new feature the technician showed us put me in awe... from your little curled up fist to your beautifully formed, moving lips.  You already have all the organs you need and things are functioning perfectly!  Although we were excited to find out your gender, knowing you are okay in there was really the greatest part of the whole appointment.
I still can’t believe that you are growing inside of me.  The doctors said everything looks “normal” and that you are cooking right on schedule.  They did push your due to date back to March 4th instead of February 28th.  Let’s hope you don’t have to stay in there that long because your mommy is now anxiously awaiting your arrival!
From the day we found out we were pregnant, I always referred to you as my “pink sprinkle.”  There were never any feelings or intuitions one or way or the other on what your gender actually was, but with two Koch grandson’s already, I secretly hoped that you were a girl.  I did the Chinese birth calculator twice just to see what it said; the first site said you were a girl and the second one said you were a boy.  As time wore on in my pregnancy, I started to think you were a boy with how easily everything is going and we already had your name picked out.  In fact, your Aunt Ashley even started calling you baby Oscar! (Don’t worry; we weren’t ever considering naming you Oscar!).
I am sure you have already heard a million times now that my first born daughters name was going to be Chloe Grace.  And as you know… your name is not Chloe Grace!  Your Aunt Kim stole that name right out from under my feet and named your cousin it before I was even out of high school!  And now… your naming game begins!  I will, of course, continue to keep you updated as to what we are considering.  My name was supposed to be Maria and I am so happy your grandparents changed their mind on that one!  Maybe you will feel the same way someday?
Tomorrow is our big reveal party for your grandparents and great-grandparents.  I hope they are as excited about your arrival as we are!!!  Shopping can commence and I already know that you are going to be spoiled beyond belief!  That was one of the main reasons I secretly hoped you were a girl.  You will never be the first grandchild on either side… but you can darn well be the first Koch baby girl and the only grandchild in the state for the Engelmann side!
A little update on your momma… I still don’t look very pregnant.  It is a great feeling and I am not going to complain!  My weight is finally back up to where it was pre-pregnancy and now I can begin to actually gain some weight; approximately a pound a week for the next several weeks!  There still aren’t any new craving developments…  Although, I have been having a lot of root beer floats and smoothies recently that always seem to hit the spot!  Still no heartburn, indigestion, sleepless nights or any more leg cramps this week!  The leg cramps are really the only bad part about this whole pregnancy thing!
I can’t wait for tomorrow and the coming weeks!  Until next week, little one!
Love,
Your mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment