Friday, August 8, 2014

Baby A Letter: October 27, 2013

Another pre-baby letter for your enjoyment!
Pregnancy Week: 21 (almost 22!)
My Baby girl,
It is hard to adjust my thinking to your new date!  Although it was only pushed back four days, four days is a whole lot closer to a full week and it messes with my “weekly” calculation.  This week, I finally started to look “pregnant” instead of just bloated.  Coworkers have started commenting on my little belly and people have even started to touch it… which is just weird at this point because I am by no means “big.”  Thankfully, momma’s clothes still fit and the belly band I bought last week is a lifesaver that I should have invested in ages ago!
Last weekend, your daddy and I finally went on our little Honeymoon to Kansas City.  It was so nice to spend five days together, just the two of us.  While I cannot wait for your arrival, it is going to be a big adjustment to share your daddy with someone else.  He is my favorite person in the world (tied with you, of course!) and I hope you can find a man just like him someday.  A man that pushes you to be a better person, challenges you daily, knows all your faults and loves you anyways, and most of all, a man that can make you laugh until your sides feel like they are going to burst.  I know that you are going to have him wrapped around your little finger the day you come into the world and he will always be your “favorite.”  And just so you know, I am OK with that!  You will love both of us equally, but a fathers bond with his daughter is an exceptional sort of magic; an unbreakable, unwavering bond of love that always holds a special place in your heart.  I hope you come to treasure your daddy just as much as I have cherished mine.  Daddies really are the greatest!
In Kansas City, I convinced your dad to take me to the outlet mall!  I know that we will get more than enough clothes from friends and family at your showers, but I really can’t help myself!  Knowing that I am picking out clothes for you that will be captured forever in pictures and my mind makes my heart surge with happiness.   So… $300 or so later… you have more clothes to add to your closet and your father becomes more puzzled with my actions by the day!  I even bought more things online for you when we got home.  Hi, my name is Sabrina, and I have an addiction to baby clothes shopping!
We also went to the Chiefs game on Sunday while we were in Kansas City!  If you can believe it, the Chiefs are 7-0 right now; the only unbeaten team left in the league!  For a team that won a whopping two games last season, it is pretty remarkable.  Wandering around the stadium with your dad was so much fun and I really hope we get to take you to a game someday.  You must really enjoy football, or it was extremely loud inside the stadium, because you were so active during the game!  I think I even felt you kick me on the outside for the first time!!!  As excited as this makes me, I really can’t wait to start feeling you all the time so your daddy can enjoy it too!
As the days go by, I notice you moving around inside of me more and more.  It is no longer confusion between you and a gas bubble; you, my dear, are becoming an active little gymnast!  My first day back at work from our vacation, you were the most energetic you have been to date.  I am convinced it was because you got so used to having your daddy around that you were jumping all about in protest. Daddy, on the other hand, thinks I am crazy.  I feel you moving around the most in the evening, especially when we are relaxing on the couch watching TV and when I first lay down in bed for the night.  This has me worried that you are going to be a night owl like your daddy is and your mommy used to be.  While it is fine right now, when mommy has to go back to work, this might cause quite the problem!
I almost forgot to tell you about your reveal party!  Mommy made everyone guess what they thought you were before we made the announcement.  Surprisingly, almost everyone guessed correctly that you were a girl!  Daddy, mommy, Mimi and Papa were the only ones to guess you were a boy!  Mimi has said you were a girl from the day she found out we were expecting, but, she changed her mind after a dream she had the day of the ultrasound.  In her dream, I pointed to the ultrasound monitor and asked the technician if that was “the thing?”  Apparently, this meant you were a boy and Mimi changed her vote.  Papa guessed boy because historically, Koch men don’t produce many girls, and statistically, the odds were in serious favor of you being a boy.  Guess genetics don’t always predict the future!
Everyone was SO excited when we finally opened our gender reveal box!  Mommy spent hours making that darn thing, decorating the outside and then filling it with pink streamers and “It’s a girl!” balloons.  It was totally worth every minute I spent on it though.  Capturing those moments on film are something I will treasure forever and it was so much more fun than just saying “It’s a girl,” and getting to see everyone’s reactions.  Mimi cried, of course, since you are their first granddaughter and both Grandma Jamie and Grandma Carole were close to tears as well!  We even got some goodies for you at the party!  Papa and Mimi just got back from New York City and brought you back an adorable little onesie covered in a grey button print.  Grandma Jamie and Grandpa Doug got you a whole basket full of items: a photo album, froggy slippers, onesies, a froggy sleeper, a rattle, my old bear play mat.  Needless to say, you are already one spoiled and well loved little girl!!!
Your name is still up in the air.  While I am sure that when all is said and done, your name will be Grace, I am still not 100% convinced this is the name for YOU.  I hope you love your name (whatever we decide) as much as I have loved mine.  Names last a lifetime and I want to give you a name you deserve and that fits your personality… and a name that I can yell at the playground and not have every little girl’s head turn!  Scarlett is still one of my favorites, but your daddy isn’t on board.  Although, if we went by his suggestions, your name would be Kernel, Lamp, Cleopatra, or something else absurd.  He thinks he is just so funny; he is not!
Updates on your momma:  Still no cravings or anything fun of the sort to report!  They say that your second trimester is supposed to be the easiest and that really appears to be the case!  Hopefully, I will get lucky and my third trimester won’t be any harder than the previous two.  I still end up sleeping on my back most nights (something they say you aren’t supposed to do, or be able to still do at this point!) because it is the most comfortable.  Pillows are my best friend and I finally bought another body pillow because your dad kept stealing mine.  Aunt Ashley said that during the last weeks of pregnancy, I am going to need even more pillows to try and get comfortable with my bulging belly!  That should be fun since I already take up most of the bed the way it is.  Leg cramps are getting a bit better because they usually wake me up before they get as bad as the first two times did.  Usually, I am able to stretch them out pretty quickly and don’t have to wake up your daddy to help.
Until the next time little girl,
Love,
Your mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment