Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Baby A Letter: November 19, 2013

HOLY FREAKING COW!!!! I wrote this post EXACTLY one year ago today!  I cannot even wrap my head around that... Amelia was still comfy in my belly and I was ecstatic she had a name!  Where is time going?!  Please slow down... =(
 
Pregnancy Week: 25
Dear baby Amelia,
That’s right… we finally picked out your NAME!!!  I have been awful about writing these last few weeks as it seems there is so much to cram into such a short time span.  But, you are officially our little Amelia Grace Koch.  Daddy apparently decided on your name weeks ago but didn’t fill in your mommy until last Sunday.  Needless to say, I was thrilled and we haven’t stopped using your name in conversation since.  I really hope you love your name as much as we do.  You feel like an Amelia inside of me, so I really hope it fits when you come into the world!
Here I go in attempt to fill you in on the last almost three weeks!
Grandma Jamie and I had so much fun shopping together for you in Norfolk!  Mommy has developed a bit of an addiction to picking out clothes for you and Daddy has learned to just keep his mouth shut about it.  Both Grandma Jamie and Grandpa Doug got to feel you kick and squirm around inside my belly!  It was so much fun watching their excitement at the smallest movement.  Of course, no one but me knows the extent of how much you move about in there and I couldn’t be more thrilled to share that bond together!
You have become SO active the past few weeks!  I still feel you the most at night between about 8pm and 10pm while I am lying down or relaxing.  Daddy can now feel you pretty much whenever I put his hand on my tummy without waiting for too long for your first sign of acknowledgement.  It is even to the point that I can feel you while I am standing up!  There are times when I feel overly pregnant and others where I have to remind myself you are still in there.  No new cravings or weird things to report.  My “round ligament” pain is getting worse in my left side and starting to happen more on my right side, but that is to be expected with my continuously bugling belly.
Mommy finally topped her “pre-pregnancy” weight at our 24 week appointment.  It was almost a six pound weight gain in four weeks, but Dr. Gernhart was very happy.  I was wearing my boots and a scarf when I was weighed, but we will ignore that.  We have to have another ultrasound around 28 weeks to make sure that you are still growing properly.  Apparently, the subchorionic hematoma’s that mommy had early on in pregnancy can still affect your growth even after my body has absorbed them.  I am confident that you are growing just fine, but I am so excited to see you again on the ultrasound!
Mimi bought the bedding for your room about two weeks ago.  She is VERY excited about it and has your nursery almost entirely decorated.  Mommy has only seen the bumper pad as Mimi wants to save something for a surprise… but I cheated and looked online at the collection!  No one ever said your mommy has patience or likes surprises!  Your baby shower has also been scheduled for January 26 at Brookestone Village (where mommy used to work).  It seems so far away, but I know time will fly.  My baby center pregnancy tracker alerted me today that I am exactly 25 weeks pregnant and there is only 105 days left until your arrival!  This really puts things into perspective considering we haven’t even started to look for nursery furniture or deep clean your room.  Mommy and Daddy need to get on it little lady!
Daddy and I took you to your first Husker game last weekend!  We were in Dan and Lisa Koch’s suite and it was truly amazing.  Husker football, as you will come to know, is what we Nebraskan’s live and breathe.  They lost, of course, but we had a blast!  You were so active through the game; I really hope this means you are going to be a football fan like your parents.  If not, we will still probably drag you to a game or five… and force you watch Husker football on the weekends so you at least have some basic knowledge of the game and can hold your own in a conversation with boys. This helped your momma tremendously growing up!  Trust me; you will thank me for this someday.
Thanksgiving is next week already and I can hardly believe it!  Mommy and daddy will surly get some Black Friday shopping done and possibly pick out your nursery furniture.  I already admitted I have a shopping problem and your daddy will actually get into the spirit that day and help me fight the crowds!  With only 105 days left, until next time little one!
I love you to the moon and back!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment