Tuesday, November 25, 2014

True Life: I'm a Bad Blogger

I have been AWFUL about blogging and it makes me really sad!  I feel like my life is in fast forward at the moment and I am just running on autopilot.   This means that blogging has taken a backseat while I hold on and try to play catch up!

I have been back at my old job for the past two weeks and being a working mom is torture on my sanity.  I've said it before and I will say it again, I honestly don't know HOW working mom's do this ALL the time! I cannot keep up.  My house is a mess, my chore chart has fallen apart, my relationship with my husband has been neglected, I haven't shaved my legs in weeks (Okay, this isn't anything new) and I feel like little Amelia is changing every time I blink!
 
 Soaking up the last days of fall before it snowed in Nebraska

In the last few weeks, my little girl's vocabulary has exploded!  Our pediatrician was shocked at her 9 month appointment on Monday when Amelia's was babbling "baby" at herself in the mirror.  She now says "mama," "dada," "baba" (for Bobdog, our bullmastiff) "Mimi" and "papa" as well as "baby."  Her recent extreme lack of sleep was also explained by her sudden growth spurt.  My peanut is 28 inches tall and went from the 20th percentile in height to the 67th percentile.  Needless to say, I am exhausted but now feel a little satisfaction for the many sleepless nights we have had.
 
Playing her favorite baby at Grandpa and Grandma's house

In other wonderful news... Amelia is now tolerating dairy!  I haven't blogged about this yet, but Amelia has suffered from MSPI (Milk Soy Protein Intolerance) since she was diagnosed at 10 days old.  This means that in order to continue nursing, both she and I have been on a dairy free diet for the past EIGHT months (she outgrew soy intolerance by 4 months).  If you love ice cream, cheese and chocolate as much as I do, you understand why this has been pure torture.  I am so thankful that I was able to stick to the diet and maintain our breastfeeding relationship!

Homemade lasagna followed by yogurt... I'll take the messy face if it means I can eat dairy!

I am so excited that we can both enjoy all the holiday foods coming up!  I was getting super nervous that I wouldn't be able to enjoy our families Thanksgiving feast if we were still dairy-free.  It's a silly thing to worry about, but Thanksgiving dinner is my absolute favorite and I look forward to it all year long.


Amelia and I want to wish you and yours a very happy Thanksgiving and we sincerely hope you are able to enjoy family time with those who matter most!  We also hope you score everything on your Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday wish list!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment