Friday, November 7, 2014

Give Thanks November

How in the world is it already NOVEMBER?!  Am I the only one who is having trouble wrapping my head around the fact that 2014 is almost over?  I am so sorry that I was MIA last week.  We were so busy with Halloween activities that I completely lost track of the day and forgot to post!  Amelia has been going through a nap refusal period, so things have been extra crazy in our household.  Combine that with her spurt of extreme activeness and the process of learning to walk... you can understand where I am coming from.  She is so busy now that I didn't even get a clear picture of her in her adorable Minnie Mouse costume!
This is the only picture I have of her looking at the camera... and it's blurry =(

 She was far too interested in the goodies she received to look at mama!

November is one of my favorite months.  Not only is the weather perfect, crisp but not too cold (okay... who am I kidding?  I live in Nebraska; it could snow tomorrow!), but it's full of family time and togetherness.  I look forward to my families Thanksgiving feast all year long.  Side note, why do we save turkey and all the fixings for one time of year?  In my opinion, it should be served at least once a month!

For the past several years, I have challenged myself to use the month November to remember all the reasons I have to give thanks.  God is so good and this is just a small way that I can let the world know just how eternally grateful I am for His grace!  If you don't already do something like this, I urge to take the plunge and give it a try!  It makes me feel so much better about life all month long!

Some of the reasons I gave thanks this month:
-MOPS -I adore my local group! MOPS is such an amazing organization and brings mamas from all different walks of life together.  I love it so much, I joined TWO different groups!
-My faith - Love for God. Enough said.  I could write endless posts on my love for God and all he has blessed me with in life.
-Good health - This is no small reason to give thanks.  I see posts daily on Facebook and Instagram about just how quickly someone's health can change.  Every day is a gift; treat it as such!

This is only a snippet of the reasons I intend on giving thanks during the month of November.  It's only seven days in and I already have more reasons than days in the month.  I hope you all join me on this journey and realize just how many reasons you have to be thankful as well!


I'll leave you with one of the few clear pictures I've snapped of Amelia lately.  The only time this girl is still these days is when she's strapped in her car seat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment